WHRO believes that art connects us to each other and to the places where we live, work and play. WHRO strives to enrich our community through the arts, so that quality cultural experiences are a part of our lives.
WHRO is thrilled to issue our next Community Arts Partnership RFP to begin the process of sharing a new dynamic arts project that adds to the vibrancy of Hampton Roads. The RFP welcomes ideas from across diverse communities and in every genre.
Through this RFP, WHRO is looking for proposals to partner on a distinctive arts production to be recorded and broadcast to the Hampton Roads community.
Anyone can enter the WHRO Community Arts Partnership, whether you’re an individual artist, artist collective, nonprofit organization or for-profit business. All it takes is a 300 word description of your arts project to apply. We welcome one idea per applicant.
- Projects should be planned for implementation between September 1, 2019 and May 30, 2020,
- Filming to occur between fall 2019 and spring 2020.
- Proposals will be accepted between March 22, 2019 and June 1, 2019.
- Awarded project will be announced by end of June.
Submissions received by WHRO will be reviewed by a panel of community members and WHRO staff. The panel and staff will evaluate the proposals for:
- Community Relevance and Audience Appeal: Is the project current and relevant to the Hampton Roads and have wide appeal to the community
- Innovation: Is the project original and creative and showing new ideas?
- Broadcast Interest: Would the project be visually exciting as a broadcast program?